Tag Archives: weight loss surgery
The OPTIFAST core program is a medical grade meal replacement product. Numerous studies have shown that Meal Replacement programs lead to significantly more weight loss compared to traditional diets. Some of the features of the OPTIFAST program that will help you achieve a healthier weight include:
- Stimulus narrowing: Less food choices decrease appetite and food consumption
- Stimulus control: When you are using the OPTIFAST program food triggers are avoided
- The shakes control and limit your portion size
- Structured program which helps limit snacking and increased calorie consumption
- The OPTIFAST shakes are easy to prepare and portable
- High protein content leads to greater satiation
- Avoids having to use excessive time on calorie counting
If you are interested to see if our OPTIFAST program is a good fit for you, please book a consultation with our physician.
The NWCR is a large database that collects data on patients who have successfully lost weight of at least 30 lbs and have kept it off for at least a year. The average weight loss registry member has lost 66 lbs and maintained the weight loss for 5.5 years on average!!
Key findings of successful people who have lost and maintained there weight loss include:
- 78% have breakfast daily
- 62% watch less than 10 hours of television daily
- 90% exercise at least an hour daily
- 75% weigh themselves at least once weekly.
These findings provide important insights into maintaining weight loss such as not skipping meals and minimizing sedentary activities.