Tag Archives: weight loss program
- Drink 6-8 glasses of water a day. This will allow you to stay well hydrated and consequently you will minimize consumption of calorie laden beverages with no nutritional value
- Small dietary changes lead to significant weight loss over time. 3500 calories is equivalent to one pound of weight. So to lose a pound in a month, one must decrease consumption by 120 calories a day. This is roughly equivalent to not having one pop of can a day. Over a year this would translate to 12 pound of weight loss!!
- Change your dinner plates to a smaller size. This will cause you to have smaller portions and also overtime change your expectations of how much food constitutes a meal
- Do NOT eat in front of the TV. When one eats while distracted it is very easy to overeat as you are not aware of how much you are consuming and you will not be able to pick up cues from your body that you are full
- When you eat your meals, always eat the protein first. This is important as you want to eat food with bulk as it will cause your stomach to get full faster and you feel satiated sooner and consequently eat less. This then leaves less space in your stomach for empty and nutritionally deplete calories from refined carbohydrates
- Avoid drinking your calories. Liquid calories have very little nutritional value and they do not cause your stomach to feel full and cause satiety
- Do not skip meals. Skipping meals is a sure fire way to gain weight and over eat. Firstly, when you skip meals your body shifts into starvation mode which causes your bodies metabolism to slow down. Furthermore, by the time you eat you are feeling starved and as a result you will overeat. Eating three healthy balanced meals with two snacks daily is the best way to minimize calories consumption and lose weight in a safe and sustainable fashion.
The team at the Peel Weight Loss Clinic did extensive research when deciding which non-surgical technology to help our patients with fat reduction and achieving the body they desire. We based our evaluation on clinical efficacy, patient safety and patient convenience.
What sets truSculpt iD apart from the competition includes:
- It is the ONLY technology that both reduces fat and TIGHTENS skin. This is important as if fat is only reduced but skin not tightened you may not achieve the aesthetic result desired
- truSculpt iD is a skin surface applied device. There is no suctioning of tissue into a cup. Consequently, almost all areas of the body can be targeted. This will result in a smooth surface. With other technologies, if the fat cannot be suctioned into the device then fat reduction cannot occur. This is an important consideration when choosing between technologies.
- Multiple areas can be targeted in only 15 minutes!! This saves our patients time with minimal inconvenience to their busy schedules
- This is a non-surgical treatment with no needles or incisions
- truSculpt iD can treat all areas of the body which include calves, arms, thighs, under the chin, abdomen, flank areas of the body)
Please book a free consultation to see if truSculpt iD is right for you to help you achieve your fat reduction and skin tightening goals.
The OPTIFAST core program is a medical grade meal replacement product. Numerous studies have shown that Meal Replacement programs lead to significantly more weight loss compared to traditional diets. Some of the features of the OPTIFAST program that will help you achieve a healthier weight include:
- Stimulus narrowing: Less food choices decrease appetite and food consumption
- Stimulus control: When you are using the OPTIFAST program food triggers are avoided
- The shakes control and limit your portion size
- Structured program which helps limit snacking and increased calorie consumption
- The OPTIFAST shakes are easy to prepare and portable
- High protein content leads to greater satiation
- Avoids having to use excessive time on calorie counting
If you are interested to see if our OPTIFAST program is a good fit for you, please book a consultation with our physician.
The NWCR is a large database that collects data on patients who have successfully lost weight of at least 30 lbs and have kept it off for at least a year. The average weight loss registry member has lost 66 lbs and maintained the weight loss for 5.5 years on average!!
Key findings of successful people who have lost and maintained there weight loss include:
- 78% have breakfast daily
- 62% watch less than 10 hours of television daily
- 90% exercise at least an hour daily
- 75% weigh themselves at least once weekly.
These findings provide important insights into maintaining weight loss such as not skipping meals and minimizing sedentary activities.
Studies have shown losing weight prior to many orthopedic and intrabdominal surgeries can lead to a faster recovery and less post-operative complications. For example, when performing gallbladder surgery or fixing hiatal hernia’s the liver has to be lifted upward. OPTIFAST taken a few weeks prior to surgery has been shown to shrink the liver making the surgery safer. In addition, losing weight helps increase one’s mobility which facilitates a speedier recovery. Please book a consultation to see if OPTIFAST prior to your surgery is right for you.
The Peel Weight Loss Clinic is proud to announce the latest cutting edge technology to decrease body fat and skin tightening . This procedure just takes minutes with no incisions and minimal discomfort. There is no downtime!! You can go to work right after your procedure is done.
We are happy to see if Trusculpt id is right for you. Please book your free consultation today with one of our physician experts. We are proud to serve patients in the Greater Toronto Area!!